Tuesday 30 April 2013

More Nina concept art



This is the sort of 'final piece' I've been working on. Le sketch of the attic in which Nina dies.


I changed the perspective to make it feel smaller and claustrophobic. 


And added grimy textures to add more atmosphere. 


I thought I was finished with the previous one but I decided to add Death in (in the same style as the film's character design). I tried some brighter colours and thought yellow was a nice angry and violent colour, but it wasn't quite working.


Dulled the yellow down a bit, shrunk him and added flowing lines as if he's materialised from the room itself. 


I decided that Niina needed to change style so I re-drew her in the same style as Death. However, i had some trouble making her looked hanged; she looks like she's just chillin' there. Also added shades of grey to Death, to make him look more corporeal.


Think I finally got the hanged look down. Added the shade to Nina as well, but more extreme as she's directly in the light from the window. 

No comments:

Post a Comment