Monday 1 April 2013

Update on the still image deelio


So this is where it's heading at the moment. I've been working with Charlie's backgrounds (the rocks are her work, but I've edited them), and Erin took a render of the 3D water and passed it over to me, and I worked on top of it, using a lot of splash shaped brushes. The render isn't necessary but it seemed silly to waste all those months of work on it, so at least this way it does make it into the film :D It does also make it easier to paint the water, as I just have to go over it with the appropriate brushes/colours.


And with Murdo popped in, textures added and colour corrected (although sans-oars at the moment). I'm pretty happy to carry on with the other scenes with this style. It shows the story fine, and looks a lot more how I envisioned the film in the first place (I felt we were kinda losing it previously, when we were still animating). Once we comp some rain in and put the sound effects on, the audience won't even notice it isn't moving :P


No comments:

Post a Comment